Fitness Works would love to keep our facilities clean and suitable for all of our members to work out in a safe environment.
Given the current international Covid-19 virus, we have consulted The Department of Health for advice for the best precautions.
What we’re doing
- We are cleaning all of our equipment with disinfectant twice per day
- We have supplied additional cleaning chemicals and supplies around the gym for members to use
- Allowing members who are vulnerable or have live-in family members who are vulnerable to suspend their membership for free
- Requested all staff travel to be suspended
- All staff are required to regularly wash their hands and promote best practice cleaning to members
- Requested any sick staff to not come to work
- Changed policies to reduce contact between staff or customers (e.g. no more class cards)
- Switching our air-conditioning off at night to heat up the gym
- Regularly communicating with members about hygiene
- Put up instructions of how to wash your hands thoroughly
- Restricting public access to the gym from other members during senior class times
- Cleaning the creche area with disinfectant and requesting children stay home when sick
- Nightcliff gym has an Air Oasis Air Purifier which kills germs/bacteria in both the main gym and class room
We are limited to what we can do, the biggest impact comes from our members and what they do while in the gym.
What you can do
- Wash your hands throughout your visit / Use our Hand Sanitizes
- Use a towel on all equipment as well as during classes
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze
- Do not attend the gym if you are sick
- Avoid the gym during senior class times. For Nightcliff this is 8.15am-9.15am, for the City gym this is 10.30am-11.30am (Mon-Fri)
- Sprint Class – Keep the bikes 1m apart and clean them before and after use (with chemicals, not just your towel)
- Pump Class – And similar classes – Keep your bench 1m away from the next person, and wipe your bar/equipment at the end of the class
- Gym Floor – Clean your equipment when you’re done (Mats, Dumbbells, Bars, all surfaces)
- Avoid contact with other members (high fives, hand shakes, butt taps) haha
- Follow up to date advice from state and federal government
We would like to thank our members in advance for helping us keep the gym clean and preventing the spread of germs. Please let us know if you have any concerns about our practices.
The Fitness Works Team