Do you find yourself buying gym shoes all year round? Is it because they seem grubby and old? Maybe they just need a clean!
Keeping your gym shoes clean can help extend their life! Here are a few tips to keeping them clean:
- Don’t wear them outside of exercising. Have other old shoes you wear to do the gardening or other activities.
- Wash them every week, even if they don’t look dirty.
- Wash them in the washing machine by themselves inside a washing bag. Normal clothes washing powder is fine and a normal wash or gentle wash. Remove the shoe laces.
- Scrub the heel with a tooth brush and washing powder to get out scuffs.
- Store them somewhere clean, not just in the pile of other shoes where they can be dirtied by them.
- If you spill something on them or you wear them in the rain, wash them straight away to avoid stains.
We hope this helps you keep looking #fresh at the gym and also saves you some $$ this year.
The Fitness Works Team